I’m on a roll with the economic indicators here, so…
…I thought about this out loud on Twitter a while back and now I’m ready to introduce this novel(ty) index that tells us how likely active clients are to start defaulting on our invoices, an important tool to have in “these challenging times” for sure.
Here’s how it works: I’ll take the AIA’s current ABI and CCF numbers, have shot of Stolli, and then I’ll put on an album from Yello and dance for a few minutes. From there, information pops out that tells us something about the likelihood of getting stiffed on an invoice. Pretty magical, huh!?
And Now, The Inaugural “Will I Get Paid?” Index
The Index uses a five-point scale:
- 5 – 🤑 Hell, invoice the next 12 months — it’s ALL GREAT!
- 4 – 😁 The accounting staff have never had it so easy!
- 3 – 🙂 Normal times, no worries.
- 2 – 😦 Better wrap up invoicing quick, it’s not looking good out there…
- 1 – 🤕 Oh, shit — emails to client bounce and their phone is disconnected!